Thursday, October 28, 2021

IB193 Friends "Fall" Together

    We are back with a new challenge over @ Inspired By Card Challenges.  

This week we are playing with Fall, Acorns, Leaves, Friends, "Joy", Christmas, animals, and, holidays. 

I chose IB193C this week because I really need some more Christmas cards and the IB challenges always help me get the inspiration to create them.

Here is the photo for IB193C 'Tis the Season for Friends'


I was inspired by the sled, Christmas theme, the snow, candy canes, and the word joy.


Christmas Joy card


I decided I wanted to use my Pinkfresh Holiday Botanical Stencils (I hadn’t been able to open them up yet and have been waiting to have time to play with them!  I fell in love with the Pinkfresh release stencils and boy they did not disappoint, again!) As I started to blend my inks, I decided I wanted it to be an edge to edge shaker card so I could add snow to the Christmas foliage.

Shaker Card Tutorial

I began layering the stencils and I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Weathered Wood, Candied Apple, Vintage Photo, Frayed Burlap, and Speckled Egg.  I also used some Papertrey Ink Spring Rain for the lighter shades.

Tip:  Before putting in my glitters, shaker mix, buttons and sequins, I rubbed the stamped card stock piece with my heat embossing anti-static pouch.  This helps all the shaker mix move more freely around in the pocket as you will see in my pictures.  The shaker mix even flows to the bottom easily, making it feel like a snow globe when you shake it.

The sentiment “Joy” was cut with my Silhouette and blended with Distress Oxide Candied Apple.

And if you want/need a fall-themed card, check out IB193 Friends “Fall” Together inspiration.


And don’t forget, there’s always the sketch


 Thank you so much for visiting and make sure to

 check what the amazing team created on THE BLOG! 

7 comments:

  1. Danni I loved playing with that stencil recently - but you have chosen all the very best colors for yours!!! Gorgeous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. GASP! This is gorgeous, Danni! The stencil is so pretty in those colors and the shaker bits make it elegant and fun! I'm most impressed with the JOY cut from the Silhouette. It's a fabulous element. Wish I knew how to use mine but I've never quite gotten the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! I studied every.little.detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! I just bought a bunch of sequins yesterday from Pink Fresh...I wish I had come here first, because that stencil would have JUMPED into my cart! This is amazing! I love the colors that you used too...and a shaker to boot! This is one of my favorites of all your amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my stars, Danni this is frosty and FABULOUS! I love that you added buttons to the shaker mix, always one of my favorite elements to add to a card. And that peppermint striped Joy is super cute. Lots of pretty happening here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad I popped in to see this beauty. Fabulous layering effect and colours from the stencilling, fun idea to make the shaker element and I love that sleigh. WOW this is a stunner of a card. Tons of inspiration, thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOO! So pretty, so icy, so lovely. I gasped in my head (can one do that?) when I laid eyes on this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they make my day every day!
Happy Creating♥

Inspired By...YOU!

We are back with our 200th challenge over @    Inspired By    card challenges!  We are all so excited and thought it deserved a celebration....