Monday, January 20, 2020

oh baby. love hearts

Good afternoon!  
I am back with two cards that I created for the current challenge over at Twofer Card ChallengeThey are celebrating their 2nd anniversary and having a fun party!


The theme is HEARTS!  How fun! 
I created a LOVE card and a BABY card using the same 3-heart die run through my cuttlebug.  I am sorry I do not remember the maker of the die, it is oh so old, but it cuts three size-variation hearts and is perfect for this challenge.

This challenge being a design challenge using the same focal element with two different designs of cards allowed me to play with my more CAS style and my layering style, how fun!  

Here are the cards I created pictured together
(click pictures to see the vellum hearts)

oh baby card

On this card, I die cut the hearts one time through Cuttlebug and used them as my focal for the "daddy, mommy & baby" makes three.


I stamped the Hampton Art "oh baby." sentiment using Color Box Silver ink and it really shimmers in-person.  Once it was dried, I painted polka dots using black acrylic paint and a toothpick.




LOVE card
(click pictures to see the layered vellum hearts easier)

On my second card, LOVE, I die cut the hearts four times through the Cuttlebug using vellum paper.  I layered the hearts and stitched them together, added a button to each and the letters to spell "LOVE".

I hope you can see the two different sketches in my cards!
Thank you so much for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. These are fabulous cards, Danni. Clever, innovative, and just plain cute. That baby card had me smiling right away. The additions of elements show daddy, mommy and baby perfectly. Darling card! And your Valentine/Love card is gorgeous. All the papers and patterns are amazing; everything is amazing right down to the buttons! Two great cards. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards, they are so sweet. Thanks for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clever and innovative baby card with those 3 hearts indicating Mom, Dad and Baby! The love card is precious too with those cute buttons helping to spell out the love! Great twofer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both stunning - the real star for me is the way you have used just a tiny addition to each of the hearts on the baby card to clearly represent Mummy, Daddy and Baby, that is sheer genius!

    Jane
    Guest Designer at Twofer Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented with layering your designs, Danni! These are so lovely and impeccably made! I love the way you made little nests for your l-o-v-e letters, punctuated with wee buttons. Great alphabet background and use of beautiful patterned papers, too. And your pink patterned baby card is the cutest! How sweet to make the hearts into papa, mama, and baby with the mustache, bow, and bottle!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer's 2nd Blogaversary challenge! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they make my day every day!
Happy Creating♥

Inspired By...YOU!

We are back with our 200th challenge over @    Inspired By    card challenges!  We are all so excited and thought it deserved a celebration....