Thursday, February 8, 2018

Inspired by...got mail?

Hello, Happy Wednesday! Wednesday means another challenge over at Inspired By.  This week’s challenge is such a cute one and I can’t wait to see all the inspiration from everyone.  Here is the inspiration picture Laurel chose for this week




Isn’t it the cutest? 
Woodland animals, Valentine’s, critters, love, “happy mail”, winter, there’s so many ways to be inspired by this cute picture and I am really looking forward to seeing everyone’s creations.

I created two different cards inspired by the picture because it gave me a perfect reason to use two digital cuts from the Silhouette store that I hadn’t found the time to use yet. 


Don’t Worry card


On this card, I used the Raccoon Woodland Creature by Sarah Bailey.  There are so so many cute raccoons on the Silhouette store, but this one by Sarah just had the cutest little expression, one that I had in my head when picturing the sentiment for the card.  I used the Love Mailbox by Loni Stevens on this card so it had the “Love” word on it, contrasting with the “bandit” idea.





I wanted to use the raccoon with the idea that he doesn’t want to “steal the love”, alternately he is mailing the love, in a sense “giving it”.  Raccoons are the cutest little bandits with their masks, so I decided to add some “smart-looking” glasses, like he had gotten smarter.  I played with a bunch of sentiment ideas, but finally decided on:  Don’t worry, I’ve mailed it in (like he’s given up the stealing) and inside of the card reads:  Love, The Love Bandit.  
I hope it all makes sense outside my mind…giggle.





Sending Hedgehugs card




This card was completely inspired by the cute digital cut that I hadn’t used until this challenge.  I am  creating several cards using it for friends and family, looove.  I used the Valentine Hedgehog by Sarah Bailey for this one.  I also used the Mailbox digital cut from Snapdragon Snippets.  I have used this one before and knew it would be perfect for this inspiration picture with the cute little letters in the picture.  SO much to be inspired by with Laurel’s challenges.





For the inside of the card, I wanted to create a fun presentation for the sending hedgehugs sentiment, so I cut a much larger envelope and embellished it with the rest of the sentiment. 




I can’t wait to see how this challenge will inspire you and to see what you were inspired by. 
Happy creating
Danni


1 comment:

  1. Super cute cards! You have inspired me to use my Cricut and Silhouette more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they make my day every day!
Happy Creating♥

Inspired By...YOU!

We are back with our 200th challenge over @    Inspired By    card challenges!  We are all so excited and thought it deserved a celebration....