Thursday, September 17, 2020

playful patterns

 Good morning.  
This week's IB challenge is inspired by patterns! I have so many little background stamps that I don't use often, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to challenge myself to use them.  

I was inspired by: 
 the pillows, the mix of patterns, and the circles/scallops.



Big Hugs card

To create my patterns: 
I began by punching out circles from white cardstock. 
 I decided to tape off the bottom portion of the circle using washi tape so that my pattern would be straight and leaving the bottom to look like the scallops in the picture.  Using an assortment of little stamps (including the inside of a watermelon set), I began stamping above the washi tape, in various colors and patterns.  Then, once the ink had dried a little, I placed my washi tape on the stamped portion so I could use the ink to distress the bottom "scallop" the same color.  When I had finished doing the neutral scallop bottoms, I thought about the pillows with a large image for the focal and thought I would include one in my assortment of patterned circles to resemble a decorative pillow.


And here's the sketch this week


'tis the season card
I used the same techniques to create these Christmas circle/scallops using the 
inside of a watermelon stamp, and it really was fun to play with the various patterns.




Thank you so much for visiting and make sure to check what the amazing
team created on THE BLOG!


4 comments:

  1. Love these and your fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both ADORABLE!! Love the colors and shape on the first one...but that little deer on the Christmas one! TOOO cute! I think I might have to play with that sketch this week some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those circles you created are so cute! Two delightful cards Danni!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very clever way of representing the overlapping shapes Danni and both cards are lovely! I love the way you've
    created half pattern and half colour circles. I'm still having a think about this challenge!! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they make my day every day!
Happy Creating♥

Inspired By...YOU!

We are back with our 200th challenge over @    Inspired By    card challenges!  We are all so excited and thought it deserved a celebration....