Thursday, September 10, 2020

sweat tea

 Good morning. This week's IB challenge is such a beautiful one with so many things to be "inspired by".  I love the beautiful teacups, the sweet bird, and all the beautiful layers the cups inspire. 

 This week, I was inspired by:

the teacups

the beautiful patterns on the teacups

the stacking cups

the bird

the colors

So pretty right?

Sending Love Card

To create my teacups, I die cut the teacup using my Silhouette Cameo and then 
distressed them and stamped them using ink from Ink To Paper (Berry Sorbet, Spring Rain).  
To create the stripes on the bottom cup, I washi taped stripes and distressed the colors to match 
the beautiful flowers.  Super fun to play with all this inky goodness!  I wanted to create an embossed
mat to stack these layers, so I die cut the script onto the cardstock and then stitched around the circle before adding my scallop circle frame.


This week we have a super fun and versatile sketch "Inspired By" the inspiration photo.


I created a card inspired by the sketch this week.  
I began by rotating it and then decided to create 
a Halloween card for one of the littles.

Hey Cute Ghoul Card

I created a little scene using my fence die-cut (old, I think from Papertrey ink) and some
stamps honoring the now closed, fantastic stamp designs: Paper Smooches Halloweenies


Thank you so much for visiting and make sure to check what the amazing
team created on THE BLOG!


3 comments:

  1. Danni, I love your first card, the colors are fabulous. Your halloween card is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both adorable! I can't believe you stitched IN A CIRCLE on your card...I can barely stitch straight lines! It's just the sweetest. Your Halloween card is cute, too...I miss Paper Smooches, their stuff was so fun! I am hanging on to the ones I still have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 fab cards, Danni. Love the pretty tea cups and bird. I never thought to use washi tape that way.
    And your Halloween card is super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they make my day every day!
Happy Creating♥

Inspired By...YOU!

We are back with our 200th challenge over @    Inspired By    card challenges!  We are all so excited and thought it deserved a celebration....