Thursday, January 14, 2021

the male room #146 animals

 I wanted to play with the newest challenge over @ The Male Room because I am out of masculine cards, and that is not good in this house of boys.  The challenge gave me an excuse to go looking for masculine animals for masculine cards...wink. 

hello card 





I haven't inked up this super cool steer skull from Jen Hadfield Simple Life Homemade stamp set, and I am so thankful for the challenge to push me to do so.  I created my background using strips of kraft cardstock and then distressed the card using Distress Ink Frayed burlap.  I distressed the card two times, allowing for a short drying time between as I stamped the steer skull.  I stamped the skull using Colorbox Ink Wheat, then masked off the horns with washi and stamped the skull again using The Stamp Market Island Ink.  I stamped the image two times with the Island ink and am very pleased with the contrast, so beautiful.


I was inspired to create another card using another stamp from the set: the rooster.
This card was fun to heat emboss and ink-smoosh.  
I started by ink smooshing the diecut scallop frame from Pinkfresh Studio so it could be drying.  I then diecut a block of kraft cardstock using the same Pinkfresh scallop circle die and stamped the star from the same Jen Hadfield stamp set using Papertrey Ink Fresh Snow and heat embossed it.  The rooster was stamped in Colorbox Wheat and raised with mounting dots.  To layer the scalloped circles, I cut the smooshed one in half and then took a little off each side so that it could frame the rooster.

Thank you for stopping by, this was such a fun challenge.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy we were able to give you an excuse to make a masculine card/s! And what cards you've made, very original and fabulous, great work. Love your shadowing on the first card and the design of the second. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animal challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards look terrific! I used to live in Texas, so your first card really appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great cards, Danni! I have a hard time with masculine cards, the animals work so well in your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great masculine card utilising the steer skull, looks awesome. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking time to leave a kind comment... stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, those are two great masculine makes, but I just love the steer! Looks like he's mounted on the side of an old barn! These are sure to get rave reviews from the guys who receive them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great interpretation of the Animal challenge with both cards! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

    Maja, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they make my day every day!
Happy Creating♥

Inspired By...YOU!

We are back with our 200th challenge over @    Inspired By    card challenges!  We are all so excited and thought it deserved a celebration....